PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS PANCETTA AND SAGEFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- 4 ounces pancetta , cut into 1/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- table salt shopping list
- 1 pound farfalle pasta, or campanelle shopping list
- 3–4 large shallots , chopped fine (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 3 medium cloves garlic , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 tablespoon) shopping list
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms , stems discarded, caps wiped clean and sliced 1/4 inch thick shopping list
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms , wiped clean and sliced 1/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage leaves , plus 1 additional teaspoon shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice from one lemon shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese (1 cup) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Bring 4 quarts water to rolling boil, covered, in stockpot; add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta, stir to separate, and cook until just shy of al dente. Drain and return pasta to stockpot.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook pancetta in 2 tablespoons olive oil, stirring occasionally until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to paper-towel lined plate. Add shallots to fat remaining in skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Increase heat to medium-high; add shiitakes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add cremini mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in sage and cook 30 seconds. Transfer mushrooms to bowl. Add broth to skillet and bring to boil, scraping up browned bits; off heat, stir in cream, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Add mushrooms, pancetta, broth mixture, cheese, and parsley to pasta in stockpot. Toss over medium-low heat until pasta absorbs most of liquid, about 2 minutes; serve immediately.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!