BIG SUPER-NUTTY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIESFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt shopping list
- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks), salted shopping list
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup extra-crunchy peanut butter , preferably Jif shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts , ground in food processor to resemble bread crumbs, about 14 pulses (about 1 cup, packed) shopping list
How to make it
- Note: Bringing the butter, peanut butter, and eggs to room temperature makes it easier to blend the ingredients. Be sure to grind the peanuts, since whole, and even chopped peanuts tend to slip out of the dough. If using unsalted butter, increase salt to 1 teaspoon. Keep finished cookies refrigerated in airtight container. To restore just-baked chewiness, wrap a cookie in a sheet of paper towel and microwave for approximately 25 seconds. Cool before serving.
- 1. Adjust oven rack to low center position; heat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.
- 2. In bowl of electric mixer or by hand, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes with electric mixer, stopping to scrape down bowl as necessary. Beat in peanut butter until fully incorporated, then eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Gently stir dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture. Add ground peanuts; stir gently until just incorporated.
- 3. Working with 2 tablespoons dough at a time (see illustration 1 below), roll into large balls, placing them 2 inches apart on a parchment-covered cookie sheet. Following illustration 2, press each dough ball with back of dinner fork dipped in cold water to make crisscross design. Bake until cookies are puffed and slightly brown along edges, but not top, 10 to 12 minutes (they will not look fully baked). Cool cookies on cookie sheet until set, about 4 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Cookies will keep, refrigerated in an airtight container, up to 7 days.
- Note: Shaping the Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1. Measure two tablespoons of dough and with your hands roll into large ball.
- 2. For crisscross design, press each cookie twice with back of fork dipped in cold water.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!