Parmesan Pizza Crust filled with Emerils Kicked Up Chicken Caesar SaladFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- Pizza Ingredients shopping list
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 10 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled or poached until tender, cooled and diced shopping list
- 4 cups bite-sized pieces hearts romaine lettuce, cored, leaves separated, washed and spun dry shopping list
- 2 cups mesclun lettuce, washed and spun dry shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese shopping list
- 6 ounces bacon, chopped and cooked until crisp, drained shopping list
- Parmesan Pizza Dough: shopping list
- 1 cup warm (110 degrees F) water shopping list
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 cups bleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. If available, place a baking stone on the lower rack of the oven and preheat to 475 degrees F.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and punch down. Place on a lightly floured work surface and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Shape into a 14-inch round. Lightly dust a baker's peel with the cornmeal. Transfer the dough to the peel. (Alternately, the dough can rest and then be cooked on a lightly oiled baking sheet.) Transfer to the baking stone and cook until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine the anchovies, salt, pepper, and garlic, and mash to a paste with the back of a fork. Add the egg and whisk well to blend. Add the cheese, lemon juice, and mustard, and whisk well. Add the olive oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly to form a thick emulsion. Add the Worcestershire and pepper sauce, and whisk well to combine. Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to use. (The dressing will keep refrigerated for up to 12 hours.)
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine and mesclun lettuces and the chicken, and toss with dressing to lightly coat. Arrange the mixture over the top of the warm pizza crust and sprinkle the top with the blue cheese and bacon. Lightly drizzle with dressing to taste.
- Top with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.
- Parmesan Pizza Dough:
- In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, sugar, and 1 tablespoon oil and stir to combine. Let sit until the mixture is foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the salt, mixing by hand until it is all incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Add the Parmesan cheese and continue adding the flour, 1/4 cup at a time, working the dough after each addition, until all the flour is incorporated but the dough is still slightly sticky. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth but still slightly tacky, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Oil a large mixing bowl with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl and turn to oil all sides. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set in a warm, draft-free place until nearly doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Use as directed.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!