Venetian Rolled PizzaFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- flour, for dusting shopping list
- 1 pound pizza dough shopping list
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 7 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) torn baby spinach shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt, for seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Position an oven rack in the lower 1/3 of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pizza dough to a 12 to 14-inch diameter circle, about 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella over the dough. Arrange the prosciutto over the cheese in a single layer. Sprinkle with the spinach. Top with the remaining cheese. Take 1 end of the circle and roll the dough up into a thin cylinder, gently folding in the ends. Brush the dough with the olive oil and season with the salt. Place the dough, seam side down, on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes until the top is golden brown. Allow the pizza to cool for 10 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut the pizza into 3/4-inch pieces and serve.
- Following is two excerpts from a reviewers from the website:
- I put about a teaspoon of minced garlic over the bottom of the crust and sprinkled oregano, thyme, and basil over the last layer of cheese since I don't have italian seasoning. I couldn't find fresh basil right now, but next time that would be nice. I also lowered the temp to 390 and it was perfect at 20 minutes. My husband lovedl oved loved it. Even though he acted suspicious of the lack of sauce inside to start with. It was too salty for me, I will make with 1/2 canadian bacon next time, but he insisted it was perfect. I want to give this 4 stars for the saltiness of the recipie, but since it was such a hit and so easy to remedy, I give it a 5.
- I found that 425degs for 25mins was too hot/too long to cook this in the oven. I cooked it at 395degs for 20mins. I also added some chili flakes, fresh sliced garlic, some red onion & a marinara sauce on the base before rolling it up & baking it. Delicious!
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!