Cal-Italia PizzaFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 1 (9-ounce) pizza dough ball shopping list
- flour, for pizza peel shopping list
- 7 ounces whole milk California mozzarella, grated shopping list
- 2 ounces Italian gorgonzola, pinched dime sized shopping list
- 2 ounces Italian Asiago, shaved shopping list
- 10 to 12 teaspoons sweet fig preserve (recommended: Dalmatia brand) shopping list
- 1 ounce true parmigiano-Reggiano, grated shopping list
- 1 piece thickly sliced prosciutto di Parma, cut into strips shopping list
- Aged balsamic vinegar from Modena (preferably aged over 5 years) shopping list
How to make it
- After the dough has risen for at least 48 hours, hand stretch the dough into a 12-inch circle, being sure to leave a little bit of gas in the dough as you shape it. Place dough onto a floured pizza peel.
- Preheat an oven with a pizza stone to 550 degrees F, if possible. If your oven does not go up to 550 degrees F, preheat it to the highest temperature possible.
- Add the mozzarella, Gorgonzola, and Asiago on top of the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border at the edge. Slide it onto the preheated stone and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and add the sweet fig preserve in dollops, followed by the shaved Parmesan and prosciutto. Lightly shower the pizza with the aged balsamic vinegar and cut into 8 slices.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!