Fiery Angel Hair PastaFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 1 pound angel hair pasta shopping list
- 1/2 cup chili oil, recipe follows shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest shopping list
- Coarse sea salt shopping list
- Dried crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel, optional shopping list
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan shopping list
- Chili Oil: shopping list
- 2 cups olive oil shopping list
- 4 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the angel hair pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Stir the oil, parsley, lemon juice and lemon peel in a large serving bowl. Add the cooked pasta and toss with enough reserved pasta water, 1/4 cup at a time, to moisten. Season the pasta with salt and red pepper flakes, to taste. Sprinkle grated lemon peel over pasta for extra flavor and texture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve.
- Chili Oil:
- Combine the oil and crushed red pepper flakes in a heavy small saucepan. Cook over low heat until a thermometer inserted into the oil registers 180 degrees F, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. Transfer the oil and pepper flakes to a 4-ounce bottle. Seal the lid. Refrigerate up to 1 month.
- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Inactive Prep Time: 2 hours