Shrimp Gumbo CasseroleFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- Gumbo: shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons House seasoning, recipe follows shopping list
- 1 cup chicken or fish stock shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 10-ounce package frozen cut okra shopping list
- 2 cups shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and deveined shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 12-ounce package corn muffin mix shopping list
- House Seasoning: shopping list
- 1 cup salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- In an iron skillet, saute onion and celery in oil. Add bay leaves, thyme, lemon-pepper seasoning and House Seasoning. Pour in stock and add tomatoes and okra. Cover pot and gently simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp.
- To prepare the topping, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix together egg and milk, add to muffin mix, and combine until just well-blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls on top of hot shrimp mixture, leaving the center uncovered. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note: This Southern dish usually is prepared and served in an iron skillet, but may be cooked in a frying pan with an ovenproof handle.
- House Seasoning:
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!