Apple Pie Iced TeaFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- Makes 2 quarts shopping list
- 10 tea bags shopping list
- 4 cups water , at room temperature shopping list
- 2 cups apple juice shopping list
- 6 - 9 tablespoons recipe for cinnamon syrup (see related recipe) shopping list
- 1. Submerge tea bags in water in serving pitcher. Steep for 45 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags. shopping list
- 2. Stir juice and cinnamon syrup (adjust amount depending on desired sweetness) into tea. Serve over ice. shopping list
- cinnamon simple syrup shopping list
- Makes about 1 cup shopping list
- In the test kitchen, we keep sugar syrup in the refrigerator at all times during the summer. This recipe makes enough syrup for two pitchers of iced tea and can be doubled if you go through a lot of iced tea in your household. shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- Heat sugar, water, and cinnamon stick in small saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar completely dissolves, about 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Remove and discard cinnamon stick. syrup can be refrigerated for 1 week. shopping list
How to make it
- A summer in the South wouldn’t be quite right without sweetened iced tea, but making iced tea can be easier said than done. It’s all too easy to turn the tea unpalatably bitter through oversteeping. How do you make perfectly smooth sweet iced tea? Here’s what we discovered:
- Test Kitchen Discoveries
- Skip the heat. Steep a large quantity of tea bags in room temperature water for a strong-flavored brew without the bitterness.
- Sweeten the tea with simple syrup instead of granulated sugar to ensure that the sugar fully dissolves into the tea. Simple syrup is just equal parts water and sugar heated long enough to dissolve the sugar.
- Flavor the syrup with a cinnamon stick and add apple juice for a unique iced tea.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!