Cookies and Cream Ice Cream PieFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- cookies and Cream ice cream Pie shopping list
- Serves 6 to 8 shopping list
- ice cream pies are more fun (and taste great) when made with a sugar cone (rather than a conventional graham cracker) crust. Adding your own chopped cookies to ice cream allows you to customize the flavor combination. Try oreos with mint chip ice cream or gingersnaps with peach ice cream. shopping list
- 12 sugar cones shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 pints ice cream , softened shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cookies shopping list
- 2 cups whipped cream or chocolate whipped cream (see related recipe) shopping list
- 1. Make crumbs: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Grind sugar cones in food processor to fine crumbs. (You should have 1 1/3 cups.) shopping list
- 2. Make crust: Stir together crumbs, butter, and sugar in medium bowl until crumbs are moistened. Press crumb mixture evenly against bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate, compacting it with your fingertips. Bake crust until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool completely before filling. (Crust can be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 1 month.) shopping list
- 3. Fill pie shell: Place ice cream and cookies in bowl and mash mixture with back of spoon until well combined. Turn ice cream mixture into prepared crust and smooth top with spoon. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until filling is completely frozen, at least 3 hours and up to 1 week. shopping list
- 4. Cut and garnish: Cut pie into wedges and dollop each piece with whipped cream. Serve. shopping list
How to make it
- A popular dessert at many restaurants, this ice cream pie often tastes stale and freezer burned. We wanted to make the pie at home so that it tasted fresh and had crispy bits of cookie. Here’s what we discovered:
- Test Kitchen Discoveries
- Use crushed sugar cones to make the crust. The flavor is a better match with the ice cream than the more conventional graham cracker crust. Grinding the cones in a food processor ensures evenly crushed crumbs.
- Instead of using prepared cookies-and-cream ice cream, make your own by adding your favorite crushed cookies to softened ice cream. The flavor of the cookies will be much fresher and the texture much crisper than the prepared ice cream, which has likely been sitting in a deep freezer for months.
- Pack the ice cream and cookie mixture tightly into the crust and freeze it firm to make sure the pie slices cleanly.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!