Blackened Mexican Caesar SaladFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 4 chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons paprika shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely ground black pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely crushed bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- Salad: shopping list
- 2 heads romaine washed and chopped shopping list
- 8 roma tomatoes 4 diced and 4 cut into wedges for garnish shopping list
- 40 white corn tortilla chips shopping list
- 3 avocados diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes shopping list
- juice of 3 limes shopping list
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley chopped shopping list
- 25 blue corn tortilla chips for garnish shopping list
- 1/2 cup caesar salad dressing shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse chicken and pat dry then combine blackening spices in a bowl.
- Coat chicken lightly with spice mixture.
- In a hot cast iron skillet sauté chicken in oil searing breasts on both sides.
- Reduce heat to low then cook until chicken is no longer pink inside and juices run clear.
- Remove and cool slightly then slice into strips.
- Toss romaine, diced tomatoes, tortilla chips, avocado, and all but a few teaspoons of cheese.
- Stir in salad dressing, chili flakes, lime juice, cilantro and parsley.
- Toss lightly to avoid bruising lettuce or avocado.
- Divide salad among four large plates and arrange blackened chicken slices on top of each salad.
- Sprinkle each with remaining cheese then place wedges and blue chips around outside of plate.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!