Easy But Oh So Tasty-teriyaki KabobsFrom foodygirl1979 6 years ago
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin or boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (such as Kikkoman-R brand), plus additional for basting, optional shopping list
- 1 can (20 ounce) pineapple chunks, drained, but reserving 2-3 tablespoons of juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or sesame oil shopping list
- 3 pinches dried ginger or 1-2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed shopping list
- 3 green onions, cleaned and coarsley chopped shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional shopping list
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, optional shopping list
- 2 medium red or green bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces, optional shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges and seperated into blossoms, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Place pork or chicken cubes into gallon freezer bag; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, reserved pineapple juice, vegetable or sesame oil, ginger, garlic, green onions and red pepper flakes (if using); mix well to combine.
- Pour over meat, seal up bag and smoosh around to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate and marinate atleast 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Thread meat onto skewers, alternating with pineapple and desired veggies. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill, turning occasionally, about 15-20 minutes or until desired doneness, basting with reserved marinade, if desired.
- 8.NOTE: Prep time does not include marinating time.