Chocolate PuddingFrom lilitalian 5 years ago
How to make it
- Set up a fine mesh sieve over a glass bowl for later. Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Save the yolks.
- In a medium saucepan (off heat) whisk together the sugar, corn starch, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Slowly mix in the milk, making sure to dissolve the corn starch. Now whisk in the egg yolks.
- Now place the saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the first large bubble forms and pops.
- Reduce to low heat and cook for another minute, still whisking.
- Remove from heat and pour quickly through the sieve into the glass bowl.
- Mix in the vanilla and butter while pudding is still hot.
- Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding. This will prevent a "skin" from forming.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving be sure to whisk pudding back into smooth perfection!