Green Beans With Cilantro SauceFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- We prefer the mild flavor of regular olive oil in this sauce compared to the stronger flavor of extra-virgin olive oil. Don’t worry about patting the beans dry with towels before tossing them with the sauce; any water that clings to the beans helps to thin out the sauce. This sauce is also good served with crudités or alongside grilled or roasted meat, chicken, or fish. shopping list
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 1/4 cup walnuts shopping list
- 2 medium garlic cloves , unpeeled shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups packed fresh cilantro leaves and stems, tough stem ends trimmed (about 2 bunches) shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil (see note) shopping list
- 4 teaspoons juice from 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 scallion , sliced thin shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 pounds green beans , stem ends trimmed shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Toast the walnuts in a small, heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until just golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes; set aside. Add the garlic to the empty skillet and toast over medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until fragrant and the color of the cloves deepens slightly, about 7 minutes. Let the garlic cool slightly, then peel and chop.
- 2. Process the walnuts, garlic, cilantro, oil, lemon juice, scallion, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a food processor, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed, until smooth, about 1 minute. Add more salt and pepper to taste. (The sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days.)
- 3. Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over high heat. Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice water; set aside. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the green beans to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain the beans, transfer to the ice water, and let sit until chilled, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Drain the beans well, transfer to a serving bowl, and toss with the cilantro sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve. (The dressed beans can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours.)
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!