GRILLED ARGENTINE-STYLE SHORT RIBS WITH PARSLEY AND GARLIC SAUCE ASADO DE TIRA CON CHIMICHURRIFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- Purchase English-style ribs with a good amount of meat on the bones; there should be at least 1 inch of meat above the bone. If you choose flanken-style ribs, you will need a butcher to cut them thin enough for this recipe. Keep a squirt bottle handy to douse any flare-ups caused by this fatty cut of meat. The chimichurri has the consistency of a loose, fresh salsa and tastes great with grilled beef, pork, poultry, and seafood. shopping list
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- Chimichurri Sauce shopping list
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 5 medium garlic cloves , minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 5 teaspoons) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- Short Ribs shopping list
- 3 pounds English-style short ribs or 2 1/2 pounds flanken-style short ribs, about 1/4 inch thick (see note) shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1. FOR THE CHIMICHURRI SAUCE: Combine all of the ingredients and let stand at room temperature until the flavors meld, about 30 minutes, before serving. (The sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days.)
- 2. FOR THE SHORT RIBS: Light a large chimney starter filled with charcoal (about 6 quarts) and allow to burn until all the charcoal is covered with a layer of fine gray ash. Build a hot fire by spreading the coals evenly over about two-thirds of the grill bottom (confining the coals to a smaller space makes for a hotter fire). Set the cooking grate in place, cover the grill with the lid, and let the grate heat up, about 5 minutes. The grill is ready when the coals are hot; you can hold your hand 5 inches above the cooking grate for just 2 seconds. Scrape the cooking grate clean with a grill brush.
- 3. Pat the ribs dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Lay half of the ribs directly over the hot coals. Grill, uncovered, until deeply browned, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer the ribs to a serving platter and cover with foil. Repeat with the second batch of ribs. Drizzle the sauce over the meat and serve immediately.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!