Copycat Chilis Southwest Egg RollsFrom elle 6 years ago
- 1 chicken breast fillet shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup frozen corn shopping list
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons diced, canned jalapeno peppers shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- dash cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- five 7-inch flour tortillas shopping list
- avocado-Ranch Dipping Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup smashed, fresh avocado (about half of an avocado) shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- dash dried dill weed shopping list
- dash garlic powder shopping list
- dash pepper shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken breast with salt and pepper and grill 4-5 minutes per side, or until done;set aside, when cool, dice the chicken.
- Saute red pepper and onion in 1 TB oil until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pan.
- Add corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes, distributing spinach evenly.
- Remove from heat and add the cheese; stir until cheese melts.
- Wrap tortillas in a moist cloth and microwave on high temperature for 1 1/2 minutes or until hot.
- Working on a flat surface, divide the filling evenly among the tortillas, spooning the filling into the center of each.
- Fold in the ends of the tortilla, then roll up the side closest to you--be sure to roll tightly.
- Set aside, with the fold side down.
- Put the egg rolls on a plate, cover and freeze from 4 hours to 24 hours.
- Preheat 4-6 cups of oil to 375 degrees. (using an electric skillet is a great way to do this, because you can control the temp of the oil better.)
- Fry the egg rolls for 12-15 minutes and and drain on paper towels or a rack.
- To make the dipping sauce, just combine all of the sauce ingredients and mix in a bowl, then garnish with the chopped tomato and onion.
- For presentation, slice each egg roll on the diagonal and place them around the bowl of dipping sauce.
The Cookelle NH
The Rating4 people
Made these yesterday early afternoon and then eat them with my husband after the kids went to bed. They are just like Chili's. You got my high 5onequiklx in North Judson loved it