Hashbrown Casserole Better then Cracker BarrelsFrom choclytcandy 7 years ago
- * 2 lb. bag of frozen shredded hashbrowns shopping list
- * 10.75 oz. can condensed cream of chicken soup shopping list
- * 8-12 oz. extra sharp Cheddar cheese- grated shopping list
- * ½ cup butter shopping list
- * 1 small onion shopping list
- * 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- * ½ tsp. black pepper shopping list
- * 1 lb. chicken (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- ***First thing you need to do is thaw and dry out those hashbrowns. The
- frozen hashbrowns develop a tremendous amount of water in the form of ice.
- If you don’t remove this water your hashbrown casserole will be hashbrown
- - Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- - Place your frozen hashbrowns on a greased or non-stick cookie sheet and
- thaw in oven for 20-30 minutes while the oven is pre-heating. It’s O.K. if
- the top ones get a little dried out, you’ll rehydrate them in a few steps.
- - Remove the hashbrowns from the oven and set aside until cool.
- - Coarsely chop the onion and pan sauté over high heat.
- - Set the onions aside and let them cool slightly.
- - Put butter in 9x13 cast iron pan or a 12" cast iron skillet and place in
- oven until butter has melted.
- - Once the butter has melted pour butter, soup, cheese, onions, salt, and
- pepper in large bowl and mix.
- - Gently fold in the hashbrowns until just mixed.
- - Rub any remaining butter around the sides of the pan/skillet to prevent
- - Pour/scoop the mix into the pan/skillet and spread evenly.
- - Bake for 35-40 minutes. I usually broil mine for the last couple of
- minutes to give the top a nice brown “crust”.
- ***To make this a meal I like to add a pound of chicken. Grill or pan brown
- the chicken and then pull into small bite size pieces. Add the pieces to the
- mix at the same time you add the hashbrowns.***
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!