Beef GoulashFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 cups onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds, toasted and ground shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Spicy paprika shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Minced fresh marjoram leaves shopping list
- 1 Bay leaf shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 1/2 pounds beef shank, cut into 2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil and saute the onions and sugar
- until caramelized.
- Add the garlic and caraway seed. Cook another minute.
- Add the sweet and sharp paprika, marjoram, thyme and bay leaf.
- Saute another minute, until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste.
- Deglaze with the vinegar and the stock and add the pieces of beef shank,
- salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook until very tender, about 1
- 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!