My husbands favorite polentaFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 1 cup polenta, not instant please shopping list
- 1 cup milk or (if you dare) cream shopping list
- 3 cups low sodium low fat chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheese - this can be cheddar, swiss, gouda, or some other shopping list
- medium moisture cheese. I don't recommend brie or other soft cheeses. Nor shopping list
- very hard cheeses. shopping list
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine - neutral flavor shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- heavy pinch salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- set oven to 350F (325F if a convection oven)
- Soak the sun dried tomatoes in the wine for 10 minutes or so
- In an oven-proof sauce pan, keeping in mind that it will need to hold at
- least six cups of 'stuff'
- sweat the onion and celery in the oil with the salt
- when soft, add the garlic
- chop the tomatoes and add them and the soaking liquid to the sweat
- Add broth and cream and bring to a boil
- sprinkle on the polenta and bring back to a boil
- put on a lid and cook in the oven for 20 minutes. (If you like your polenta
- more grainy, just lower the temp and cook on the stove. I like mine more
- Remove from the oven and stir in the cheese.
- Correct seasoning.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!