Beef N Bean TortillasFrom rodeogirl73 7 years ago
- 1/3 c. cornmeal shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried onion flakes shopping list
- 2 tsp. margarine shopping list
- 1/2 c. boiling water shopping list
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. pie crust mix shopping list
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. shredded cheese shopping list
- 3 c. shredded lettuce shopping list
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/4 c. ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 cans pork n beans, drained shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl, combine cornmeal, onion, margarine, & boiling water; stir well.
- Set aside for 15 minutes to allow cornmeal to soften & cool. Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
- In small saucepan, combine tomato sauce, ketchup, & chili powder. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Set aside to cool.
- To cooled cornmeal mixture, add pie crust mix; stir until dough holds together.
- Form in a roll 10 inches long; cut into ten 1-inch slices.
- Place slices on ungreased cookie sheets; press each slice into a 4-1/2 inch circle.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- While baking; prepare meat filling.
- In skillet, brown meat.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Add beans.
- Mash beans & meat together with fork.
- Spread about 3 tbs. meat filling over each baked tortilla.
- Sprinkle each with 2 to 3 tbs. cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove; top with lettuce.
- Drizzle 1 to 2 tbs. sauce over top of lettuce.
- Serve hot.
The Cookrodeogirl73 Tacoma, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!