Coconut and Mustard ChickenFrom chefbear 3 years ago
- 4 coconuts shopping list
- 4 chicken breasts(skinless) diced shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp ground corriander shopping list
- 1/3 cup coconut cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds shopping list
- 1 small onion diced shopping list
- 1tsp paprika shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Parsely or Corriander leaves as garnish shopping list
- 1 tbs olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Firstly you will need to crack your coconuts towards the top. Use the image of the final product to see what it looks like. Use the small cut off top piece of coconut for something else or discard.
- Saute in olive oil the diced onions and mustard seeds over medium-high heat until the mustard seeds being to pop. As soon as they start popping add the cumin, paprika, and corriander stir, and add the diced chicken and begin to saute the chicken in the spices.
- As the chicken begins to brown, if the spices are starting to burn, add a bit of water if needed. Once the chicken is 3/4 of the way cooked add the coconut cream, and allow it to thicken and boil slightly. This will finish cooking the chicken, once it is ready, remove it and spoon it directly into the coconut, garnish and serve. Add a side of baby potatoes and enjoy.
The Cookchefbear Ottawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!