Stained Glass CandyFrom sarah_jayne 4 years ago
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 2/3 cups light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon food colouring shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Flavouring - cinnamon for red, peppermint for green, or lemon for yellow. shopping list
- Confectioners’ sugar - optional shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly oil a jellyroll pan and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water, and corn syrup.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring mixture to a boil without stirring.
- When syrup reaches a temperature of 260°, add food colouring.
- Do not stir - boiling action will incorporate color into syrup.
- Remove from heat when mixture reaches 300°, or when a drop of syrup placed in ice water becomes brittle and makes a snapping noise.
- When mixture stops boiling, add flavouring and stir.
- Pour mixture onto prepared jelly-roll pan and let cool.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar or sprinkle dessicated coconut over the top and break into bite-sized pieces. Unless you have the Mom that I have and as of about 20 years ago, she became HIGHLY allergic to coconut. No coconut for you Mom and no lemon for me ;)
- Store in an airtight container.
The Cooksarah_jayne Toronto, CA
The Rating3 people
~Beautiful "5"FORK!!!!! recipe
to look at~A sweet Treat to eat~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
My mother made anise flavoured! Great post!fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
I followed your recipe to make some Breaking Bad themed cupcakes, using the sugar candy to mimic the blue meth crystals iconic to the show. It worked out beautifully and was easy to do - thanks! http://www.goudamonster.com/2013/09/breaking-bad-blue-m...moregoudamonster in Dallas loved it