Baked Flounder with Crabmeat StuffingFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1/2 small onion,minced shopping list
- 1/2 small red pepper,finely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 tsp Old Bay Srasoning shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2/3 c light cream shopping list
- 8 oz. imitation crabmeat,finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tsp chopped parsley shopping list
- 4 flounder fillets(about 4 oz. ea) shopping list
- 3/4 c white wine or water shopping list
- cooked rice(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat med-size nonstick skillet over med. heat. Coat pan with nonstick spray,then add onion and red pepper and coat generously with spray;cover and cook 4 mins or till softened,stirring occasionally. Remove cover and stir in 1/2 tsp of Old Bay,1/8 tsp of the salt and the light cream.
- Increase heat to med-high and bring to boil;cook for 1 min or till reduced and thickened. Gently fold in crabmeat and 2 tsp. of the parsley;refrigerate 30 mins.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat 13x9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place one of the flounder fillets,skinned-side up on work surface,then spoon 1/2 c crab mixture onto end of fillet;roll up,creating small bundle. Repeat using remaining fillets and crab.
- Transfer bundles to baking dish,seam side down and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp Old Bay ,1/8 tsp salt and 1 tsp parsley. Add wine or water to pan;transfer to oven.
- Bake for 20 mins or till fish is solid white and flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove to plates with large spatula and serve with rice,if desired.