Vigan bagnet Ilocano chicharon recipeFrom chrisz 4 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Wash pork belly and place in a pot. Add enough water to cover the pork belly.]
- 2. Add in salt, peppercorns, garlic, bay leaves. Cover and bring to a boil, simmer for 30-45 minutes or until tender. Remove all scum that rises.
- 3. Remove from the pot and place in a coriander and let sit for a while so the liquid will drain. Dry with paper towels if necessary. Keep refrigerated for several hours.
- 4. In a large kawali heat enough cooking oil and deep fry pork belly at low heat for 30-45 minutes.
- 5. Remove pork belly from the kawali and drain oil in a colander or paper towels, allow to cool completely.
- 6. Reheat the same oil over moderate heat deep fry the pork belly once more for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, crisp and blisters appear on the skin. Drain on paper towels.
- 7. Chop bagnet to serving pieces and serve immediately with a selection of sukang Iloko or tomatoes and onions with bagoong isda dip
The Cookchrisz Philippines, Marikina City, PH
- Not added to any groups yet!