Sun-Dried BeefFrom tanwiratchada 4 years ago
- 2 lbs beef such as sirloin steak, cut into pieces (see pictures below) shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander powder shopping list
- 3 big cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Thai white pepper powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar1 teaspoon Thai curry powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons whiskey (we used sang som Thai rum but you can use whatever is on hand) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- Chilli sauce for serving (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Clean the beef, pat-dry then cut into slices about 3/8" thick, 3-4" long.
- Put in a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Pound the garlic, coriander and pepper in a mortar and pestle until it becomes a paste.
- Toss this paste thoroughly with the beef.
- Season with remaining ingredients.
- Leave to marinade in the fridge for 1 hour under sun (or overnight).
- Arrange the marinaded beef on a rack, set in strong sunshine for 2 hours.
- Turn the beef over after 2 hours, then set for another 2 hours to make sure both sides will get dry.
- Fry the sun-dried beef in hot oil on medium low heat for only 2-3 minutes until fragrant and cooked.
- Drain on paper towel. Serve with a side dish of chilli sauce together with sticky rice.