Coq Au VinFrom leiasuzanne 6 years ago
- 1 3-4 lbs whole free range chicken shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 carrots, into chunks shopping list
- 1 large onion, into chunks shopping list
- 3 ribs celery, into chunks shopping list
- 1/4 bunch fresh thyme (4 sprigs) shopping list
- 2 bay leafs shopping list
- 1 750-milliliter dry red wine shopping list
- 1 cups pearl onions shopping list
- 1 cup button mushrooms, halved shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken into 10 pieces: 2 legs, 2 thighs, 2 wings, and a quartered breat.
- In a large pot or dutch oven heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over meduim heat.
- Season flour with salt and pepper, then dredge chicken pieces in flour.
- cook for 7-10 minutes, browning on all sides.
- Add carrots, onion, celery, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Pour wine and deglaze the pan, scrape down any brown bits from bottom of the pan.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
- Saute mushrooms in a separate pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add pearl onions. Toss with chopped parsley and add to chicken.
The Cookleiasuzanne CA
- Not added to any groups yet!