Rosemary-Onion Bread with Blue Cheese ToppingFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- 1 Tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 whole Large yellow onion, Sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, Minced shopping list
- 1-½ cup Warm water shopping list
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 cups bread flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (more To Taste) shopping list
- Freshly Chopped rosemary To Taste (be Generous!) shopping list
- ½ cups Crumbled blue cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Saute sliced onions and minced garlic in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook them until brown and caramelized, about 8 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour warm water into a bowl. Sprinkle yeast on top. Add sugar and olive oil, then stir gently with a fork until combined. Set aside.
- Combine flour and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the flour mixture your onions, and rosemary in alternating ingredients, stirring gently until dough is combined. (It’ll be sticky!)
- Generously flour a flat surface. Knead dough 15 to 20 times, adding flour generously to make it easier to handle. (Keep it sticky, though!)
- Drizzle olive oil in a separate bowl, then add your ball of dough, turning to coat. Cover with a tea towel and place in a warm spot for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide dough into eight portions, and form each into a rough round shape. Place on a baking mat or parchment paper, then cover with a towel and allow to rise for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until brown. Brush with butter halfway through baking time.
- To top with blue cheese, either place crumbled blue cheese on completely baked rolls and allow it to soften naturally, OR remove the rolls with five minutes baking time left, top with cheese, and return to the oven to finish baking and allow cheese to melt.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Divine!
People Who Like This Dish 1
- choclytcandy IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!