Cinnamon Red Velvet Cake with White Velvet FrostingFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- red velvet cake shopping list
- (makes one two-layer cake) shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup cocoa shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk* shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar shopping list
- White Velvet icing shopping list
- (makes enough for one two-layer cake) shopping list
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup cold water shopping list
- 2 sticks butter shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- red velvet cake:
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter & sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, cocoa and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add gradually to creamed sugar, alternating with milk.
- Dissolve soda in vinegar and fold very carefully into batter.
- Stir to combine, but do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared baking pans and bake about 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched with finger. Cool in panson wire rack for five minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely before frosting.
- Chef's Notes: To make sour milk, just add one tablespoon of white
- vinegar to a cup of milk. This is in addition to the vinegar used in step four of the recipe.
- White Velvet Icing:
- Using a wire whisk, thoroughly combine flour and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly clear. Cool two hours.
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. Add butter mixture to flour mixture. Beat until light and fluffy. Use to fill and frost cake.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!