Turkey MeatballFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- Marshmallows: shopping list
- 1 pound hot Italian turkey sausage shopping list
- 2 ounces fresh breadcrumbs, plus 10 ounces to coat meatballs shopping list
- 1 whole egg, plus 4 more for egg wash shopping list
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- Pinch salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream shopping list
- 3 ounces black raisins shopping list
- 4 ounces white flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves chopped garlic shopping list
- 12 tablespoon chopped shallot shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brandy shopping list
- 4 cups fresh tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil to 400 degrees F in deep fryer or large, heavy pot suitable for deep frying.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large bowl combine sausage, 2 ounces breadcrumbs, 1 egg, 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, crushed red pepper and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together briefly to distribute seasonings. Add raisins and mix them in. Shape into 2.5-ounce meatballs and set aside.
- Put flour in shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat four eggs. In a third bowl, put 10 ounces of fresh breadcrumbs.
- Lightly coat meatballs in flour, dip in egg wash and roll in breadcrumbs coating meatballs evenly.
- Using slotted spoon, cook batches of meatballs in deep fryer until golden. Remove from oil and drain on paper-lined plate.
- Put olive oil in large frying pan on medium high heat. Add chopped garlic and shallots, cooking until golden. Stir in a pinch of red pepper and add brandy. Put tomato sauce into pan and transfer meatballs, covering them with sauce.
- Put pan into preheated oven for 20 minutes, until meatballs are cooked. When finished, take out and garnish with 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve alone or with pasta.