PEANUT BUTTER CAKE CAKEFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- peanut butter (can be chunky or smooth but at least 1/2 cup; if using more, decrease shortening by an equal amount) shopping list
- 3/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanuts, salted shopping list
- 2 cap-fulls vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F if baking with a metal dish; 325 degrees F if using a glass dish.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together. Add graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, shortening, milk, and vanilla. Beat mixture with electric mixer on low until moistened, and then beat on medium for 2 minutes. Add eggs and beat for 1 minute. Bake in greased 9-inch by 13-inch pan for 30 to 35 minutes. Do not remove from pan to cool.
- For the frosting: mix all of the ingredients together. Pour into a saucepan and bring mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Cool slightly. With a wooden spoon handle, poke a few holes in the cake, and then pour the warm frosting over it.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- choclytcandy IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!