Pork Tenderloin with Warm Roast Vegetable SaladFrom hopscotch 3 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 2 sweet red peppers shopping list
- 1 sweet green pepper shopping list
- 2 zucchinis shopping list
- 1 small eggplant shopping list
- 4 plum tomatoes shopping list
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried Italian herb seasoning shopping list
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dried porcini mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried sage shopping list
- 2 (1-1/2 lb/750 g total) pork tenderloins shopping list
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Remove seeds and ribs from red and green peppers; cut into 2-inch (5 cm) chunks and place in large bowl. Cut zucchini and eggplant into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick slices; add to bowl. Cut each tomato into 4 wedges; add to bowl.
- Toss vegetables with 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the oil, garlic, Italian herb seasoning and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each of the salt and pepper. Spread on large foil- or parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using mini-chopper, clean coffee grinder or mortar and pestle, finely grind mushrooms. Add sage and remaining salt and pepper. Brush remaining oil over tenderloins; coat with mushroom mixture.
- In large nonstick skillet, brown tenderloins over medium-high heat. Push vegetables to 1 side of baking sheet; add pork to space. Roast until juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside and vegetables are golden, about 20 minutes. Transfer pork to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Meanwhile, transfer vegetables to serving bowl; sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and toss gently. Serve with pork
- Source: Canadian Living Test Kitchen