Chicken and Black Bean GarnachasFrom canned_food_fan 5 years ago
- 1 can (16 ounces) black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained shopping list
- 1 can (10 ounces) premium chicken, drained shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper or 2 teaspoons canned jalapeño peppers, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 6 (6- inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded, sharp cheddar cheese, optional shopping list
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, sliced, for garnish, optional shopping list
- Sliced jalapeño pepper, for garnish, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Combine beans, tomatoes, chicken, garlic, jalapeños and cumin in large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To heat tortillas, arrange them in single layers on grill over medium coals. Spread chicken mixture over each tortilla. (Optional: Top with cheese. Heat for about 3 minutes, until cheese melts.) Remove from grill.
- Top serve, top with sliced avocado and jalapeño, if desired.
- Servings: 4
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: (without optional ingredients): Calories 220; Total fat 4g; Saturated fat 1g; Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 780mg; Carbohydrate 32g; Fiber 6g; Protein 16g; Vitamin A 6%DV; Vitamin C 15%DV; Calcium 6%DV; Iron 15%DV
- *Daily Value
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!