Sweet Temptation Sauce to Accompany PlaintainsFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 cup sherry vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp sweet cream unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp clove powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- Fried Sweet Plaintains: shopping list
- Ripe Plaintains (depends on the number you want to serve plaintain can serve 2-3 people) shopping list
- vegetable or coconut oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Melt sugar over low-medium heat until it just dissolves.
- 2. Slowly add water and vinegar to melted sugar. It could bubble up alot so be careful. Keep stirring until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 3. Boil mixture until it's reduced to a syrup consistency.
- 4. Add butter to mixture and stir in completely.
- 5. Remove from heat. Add cloves, cinnamon & nutmeg to mixture. Stir well.
- 6. Arrange plaintains in a serving dish. Pour warm mixture over plaintains & enjoy!
- Fried Sweet Plaintains:
- 1. Buy ripe plaintains (black skin) or nearly ripe ones (yellow skin) and put to ripe for a few days in a paper bag.
- 2. Peel the skin off by making a length-wise slit. Cut thin diagonal slices.
- 3. Heat oil on medium heat in a large frying pan or cast-iron pot. Fry plaintains for 1-2 mins on each side.
- 4. Cool fried slices on paper towel to remove excess oil.