Huevos Rancheros OmeletsFrom shandy 5 years ago
- For the Fillings: shopping list
- 8 oz. breakfast pork sausage shopping list
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided shopping list
- For the Sauce: shopping list
- 2 cups purchased salsa shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- For the Omelets shopping list
- 12 eggs, divided - (3) per omelet shopping list
- 4 T. sour cream, divided shopping list
- Additional: shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- Chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the sausage in a skillet; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Heat salsa in a saucepan over medium heat until warm. Stir in beans and cilantro; keep warm over low heat.
- Whisk together 3 eggs and 1 Tablespoon sour cream for the first omelet. Pour egg mixture into the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Immediately begin gently shaking the skillet back and forth while making small, quick stirring motions. Reduce heat to low when eggs no longer run but still are moist.
- Add sausage and pepper Jack cheese filling in a line.
- To serve, spoon sauce on serving plate. Fold 1/3 of the omelet over the filling, then slide the exposed third of the omelet from the edge of the pan onto a serving plate, folding the rest of the omelet over on the plate.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and cilantro. Repeat to make 3 more omelets.