Fudgey Peanut Butter Chip MuffinsFrom hopscotch 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup applesauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL dark cocoa or HERSHEY'S Cocoa shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup REESE'S peanut butter chips shopping list
- powdered sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2 1/2-inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Stir together applesauce and oats in small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add applesauce mixture; blend well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon, if desired. Add to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle muffin tops with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve warm.
- Makes 12 to 15 muffins.
- Fudgey Chocolate Chip Muffins: Omit Peanut Butter Chips. Add 1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
- *the oddity of measurements - tell tale sign it's a Brit - they are rather quirky odd folks.
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!