Ginger Glazed Mahi MahiFrom ozrocks 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or to taste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets ( I use basa or flake here ) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a shallow glass dish, stir together the honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and olive oil. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper, and place them into the dish. If the fillets have skin on them, place them skin side down. Cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove fish from the dish, and reserve marinade. Fry fish for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, turning only once, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fillets to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour reserved marinade into the skillet, and heat over medium heat until the mixture reduces to a glaze consistently. Spoon glaze over fish, and serve immediately.
- I don't always make it with the reserve glaze but just bbq'd in the marinade is beautiful.