Pesto Chicken and PotatoesFrom nightkitchen 6 years ago
- Leftover chicken, probably roast chicken, in slices or big pieces shopping list
- Baked potatoes, sliced horizontally 1/2" thick. If you have no leftover potatoes, microwave some whole potatoes until cooked and soft, 4m? shopping list
- Pesto, your own or store-boughten shopping list
- mozzarella cheese, sliced thin or coarsely grated shopping list
How to make it
- Line a baking pan/ sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Lay the potato slices as close together as possible.
- Spread the slices lightly with pesto--really doesn't take much.
- Lay the chicken slices over the pesto.
- Cover the chicken slices with the mozzarella slices/grated cheese, lightly but thoroughly.
- Broil until cheese is melted. Don't wait for it to bubble or brown, or the chicken will overheat and develop that weird stale taste.
- Lift portions from the pan. It's pretty satisfying, so I can't really say how much is enough. Depends on your leftovers, doesn't it?!