Crockpot Swiss SteakFrom mikepville 5 years ago
- 2 lb tenderized trimmed round steak shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with chiles shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 large onion sliced shopping list
- 2 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- preheat oven t0 325 degrees F shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the meat with the grain into 1/2-inch thick slices and season on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Place the flour into a pie pan. Dredge the pieces of meat on both sides in the flour mixture.
- Add vegetable oil to just cover the bottom of fry pan set over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the steaks to the pan, being careful not to overcrowd. Cook until golden brown on both sides, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the steaks to a plate and repeat until all of the steaks have been browned.
- Remove the last steaks from the pan and add the onions, garlic.
- Saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next add the tomatoes, paprika, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth and stir to combine (in the pan or place in bowl to mix together.
- Place meat in crockpot and cover with remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hrs or on high for 3-4 hours until meat falls apart. (Hint: use a crockpot liner for easy cleanup)
The Cookmikepville Platteville, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!