Quinoa And Black Bean Salad With Apricot Lime VinaigretteFrom turtle66 5 years ago
- 1 cup red quinoa, rinsed and drained, cooked to package directions and cooled shopping list
- coarse sea salt, to taste shopping list
- 1 small mangos or one large, peeled, pitted and diced shopping list
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced red onion shopping list
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes shopping list
- 10 Tbsp sunflower seeds (reserved until you are ready to serve) shopping list
- Dressing shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (about 1 lime) shopping list
- 1/4 cup apricot nectar shopping list
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large bowl add the quinoa through tomatoes and gently mix.
- 2. In a small bowl whisk the dressing ingredients.
- 3. Pour the dressing over the salad mix and toss.
- 4. When ready to serve, top each serving with 1 Tbsp of sunflower seeds.
The Cookturtle66 Sacramento, CA
The Rating2 people
An interesting combination of flavors - just right for a warmish Autumn lunch.
~Nada~nadaism in Bathurst loved it
"5"FORK!!!!!~ Stunning Salad Flavors~
I look forward to "Making & Tasting"~ASAP~
~Thank-you for sharing~
~Photo~FLAGGED!!!!!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Anything Goes287 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Veggies Fruits And Grains54 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
California Cooks31 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Salads Salads And More Salads112 members