Creamy pasta with garlic cream suceFrom balibruce 3 years ago
- 1 lb. (500 gr) linguine or fettuccine shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- Zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 4 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 c. heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1 c. parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice shopping list
- (Optional: 1 carton of mushrooms, sautéed in butter and then drained; and/or sliced asparagus and/or cooked shrimp) shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and cook the garlic and lemon zest until very fragrant.
- Add cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook to heat through. Set aside until pasta is cooked.
- Cook pasta in plenty of salt water. If fresh pasta is used, this will take only 2 minutes after water returns to boil.
- Reheat sauce, adding half the Parmesan cheese and all the lemon.
- Adjust seasonings. Drain pasta and serve. (Mix in mushrooms/asparagus/shrimp if desired) Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.