Amigdalota Almond Cookies wfarina and cherriesFrom hopscotch 3 years ago
- SPALDING shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb almonds chopped shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 x egg whites shopping list
- 3 tbl farina or toasted bread shopping list
- Crumbs (or cream of wheat) shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 3/4 lb confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 10 x sugar shopping list
- candied cherries shopping list
- Rosewater (opt.) OR shopping list
- Flowerwater (opt.) shopping list
How to make it
- If you blanch your own almonds, place in oven for a few minutes to dry, then chop them finely.
- Place in deep bowl. Add sugar.
- Beat egg whites lightly in another bowl, and add to the almonds.
- Add farina or bread crumbs and the vanilla, and knead well.
- Pinch off small pcs. and roll each into a ball.
- Press half a cherry on top of eac. Place on well-buttered baking sheet and bake in preheated 250 F. oven for abt. 20 min.
- Place cookies on a plate, sift confectioner's sugar on, and transfer to platter to serve.
- NOTE: If you have access to rose- or flower water, sprinkle some on the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven.
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!