CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUPFrom karlyn255 4 years ago
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 lb. chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, pressed shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced onion shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup masa harina shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup enchilada sauce shopping list
- 16 ounces Velveeta shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Add 1 Tbs. vegetable oil ( I use olive oil) to large pot, medium heat.
- Add chicken breasts to pot and brown 4-5 minutes per side.
- Set chicken aside
- Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken broth.
- Combine masa harina with 2 cups of water in medium bowl and whisk until blended.
- Add masa mixture to pot with onions, garlic , and broth.
- Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese, and spices to pot and bring to boil.
- Shred chicken into small, bite size pieces and add to pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer soup 30 - 40 minutes or until thick.
- Serve soup in cups or bowl and garnish with shredded cheese, crumbles fritos or tortilla chips, and sour cream.