Ham Beef and Cheese Double DeckerFrom goodeat 5 years ago
- 3 slices sturdy white bread ("toasting style" preferred) shopping list
- Softened butter shopping list
- lettuce leaves shopping list
- 3 ounces thin-sliced baked ham, warm shopping list
- tomato slices shopping list
- mayonnaise, mustard to taste shopping list
- 2 ounces sliced American cheese or Velveeta shopping list
- 3 ounces thin-sliced roast beef shopping list
- pickle chips as garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Butter two slices of the toast.
- Lay the lettuce leaves onto one buttered slice, then pile on the ham. Place the tomato slices atop the ham.
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of the unbuttered piece of toast and place it, mayo-side-down, onto the tomatoes. If mustard is desired, spread the mustard on the top of this slice. Place the cheese on top of this slice. then pile in the beef. Cap the sandwich with the third piece of buttered toast.
- Use two long toothpicks to hold the sandwich together and use a very sharp knife to cut it into two triangles.