Cornbread and Bacon Stuffed Pork ChopsFrom cuzpat 4 years ago
- 6 pork rib or loin chops, 1 to 1 1/4 inches shopping list
- thick (about 4 pounds) shopping list
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 (1/2 cup) small green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup cornbread stuffing crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make a pocket in each pork chop by cutting into side of chop toward the bone. Cook bacon in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat stirring occasionally until crisp. Stir in onion and bell pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Drain. Stir in stuffing crumbs and water until well mixed. Stir in cheese.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork with seasoned salt, marjoram and pepper. Fill pockets with about 1/3 cup cornbread mixture. Cook pork in same skillet over medium heat, turning once until brown. Place pork in ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake about 15 minutes longer or until pork is slightly pink when cut near bone.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating3 people
When you make this call me and i'll be over to help eat it!goodeat in Benton loved it
a Goodyhungrybear in Miner loved it
It was really good. I have to admit mine turned out a little dry, but that was because I made 4 instead of 6 and they weren't quite as thick as I wanted, plus I accidentally cooked them for the same amount of time. I will definitely make these agai...moreknwalter in Paulsboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!