Lotus Leaves With Two Mushrooms, Black Bean And Brown RiceFrom ubiqui 5 years ago
- 500g (1lb) medium grain brown rice shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 6 dried Shiitake mushrooms shopping list
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp palm sugar/ honey shopping list
- 6 ordinary mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1-2 cups fresh black beans shopping list
- 1/2 cup baby corn, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, julienne shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup mushroom water (from soaked Shiitake) shopping list
- 2 tsp cornflour shopping list
- dried lotus leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Put rice into saucepan with water, light soy sauce and 1 tsp sesame oil. Bring to boil quickl, then turn heat very low, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Alternatively use a rice cooker.
- Soak lotus leaves in cold water to soften.
- While rice is cooking soak Shiitake mushrooms in hot water for 30 minutes. Reserve soaking liquid. Cut off and discard stems, slice caps lengthways and put them into a saucepan with 3/4 cup of the soaking water, dark soy sauce, remaining 2 tsp of sesame oil and sugar/ honey. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a new saucepan lightly fry garlic, ginger and salt until just fragrant then add ordinary mushrooms, black beans, baby corn, water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots followed by half a cup of the mushroom water and cooked Shiitake mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix cornflour with a little of the cold mushroom liquid, then stir this into the saucepan to thicken the sauce.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
- Mix gently through the rice.
- Distribute 3/4 cup portions of rice per 1 softened lotus leaf. Wrap up securely and tie with string.
- Steam for 25 minutes in basket steamer.
- Can be served warm, cold or reheated.
The Cookubiqui Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!