Gf Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup teff flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour shopping list
- 1 cup buckwheat flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp Chinese 5-Spice shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/4 cup canola oil shopping list
- 6 bananas, mashed shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp dark agave nectar (or honey) shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup low-fat soy milk mixed with 1 tbsp lemon juice (or rice milk or dairy buttermilk) shopping list
- 5 oz silken tofu, pureed (or 2 eggs, or other replacer equivalent) shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips (make sure they're GF) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F, grease 2 loaf pans or line with parchment
- Combine flours, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 5-spice in a bowl.
- Cut in the shortening until the mixture has the consistency of coarse meal (like with pie dough).
- In another bowl, beat together oil, bananas, brown sugar, agave, orange juice, soy milk, tofu puree and vanilla.
- Add to the crumbly mixture and combine well (you don't have to worry about overmixing here, get out the lumps).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake 50 minutes - 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a rack and cooling completely.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!