Spicy EggplantFrom sjbenoist 5 years ago
- 1 Pound Eggplant shopping list
- 3-4 Chilies (Chinese or Del Arbol) shopping list
- Oil (enough to deep fry) shopping list
- 1 Clove Garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger, minced shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon Green Onion (White-part only), minced shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine (or Dry Sherry) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons Cornflour shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Green Onion (Green-part only), chopped shopping list
- Sesame Oil to taste (few drops) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut eggplant into french-fry like strips.
- Deep fry eggplant for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Remove and drain.
- Pour off oil until 1 tablespoon remains. Add garlic, ginger, green onion (white-part), and chilies. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add soy, wine, and vinegar, bring to boil.
- Add eggplant pieces, stir well and braise for 30 seconds.
- Add cornflour and stir until smooth.
- Garnish dish with sesame oil and green onion (green-part)
The Cooksjbenoist Saint Charles, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!