Garlic Greens & PastaFrom berrikiss 5 years ago
- 1/2 - 16oz pkg brown rice (gluten & dairy free) penne pasta shopping list
- 1 T + 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 C. broccoli flourets, cut into bite sized pieces shopping list
- 2 C. sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 med white onion, cut into slivers shopping list
- 4 med garlic cloves, sliced (add more if you desire) shopping list
- 2 C. fresh spinach leaves, rinsed, stems removed & cut into pieces shopping list
- 1tsp sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain & toss in 1 tsp olive oil to coat, ensuring the pasta will not stick together. Set aside.
- In large saute pan, heat 1T olive oil over med-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add broccoli, mushrooms, onion & garlic. Continue to saute on med to med-high for aprox 10 to 15 min, stirring frequently, until veggies are browning & onion is tender. (Can add one more Tablespoon oil if needed.)
- Add spinach leaves and continue to saute for aprox 3 min or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Mix together previously cooked penne pasta & sauteed veggies. Sprinkle with sea salt , put in serving bowl and enjoy!
- Recipe Easily Doubles!
- This dish is also excellent as a side to baked chicken, fish or steak.
The Cookberrikiss Wenatchee, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!