Hi-pro, Hi-flavour Cottage PieFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 2 ¼ cups dry TVP granules shopping list
- 1 ¾ cups hot beef broth shopping list
- ½ tsp soy sauce shopping list
- 2 large baking potatoes, cooked and peeled shopping list
- 1 cup cooked white kidney beans (cannellini beans), pureed shopping list
- 1 cup pureed pure pumpkin (not pie filling) shopping list
- 1/3 cup warm buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tbsp low-fat cream cheese shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- ½ lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 tbsp water shopping list
- 1 large, sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 1 clove minced garlic shopping list
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, diced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- ¼ cup dry red wine (optional – use beef stock if you prefer) shopping list
- ¾ cup beef broth shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- ½ tsp thyme shopping list
- ½ tsp rosemary shopping list
- 3 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- ¾ cup frozen peas shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F, lightly grease a 2 qt casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine TVP granules, hot broth and soy sauce. Let stand 10 minutes, drain any excess liquid.
- In another bowl, mash potatoes with kidney bean puree, pumpkin, buttermilk, cream cheese and egg yolk. Season to taste and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add beef and 2 tbsp water, cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and bell pepper and cook until vegetables are beginning to soften and brown, about 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in rehydrated TVP and cook 1 minute.
- Add wine and stir vigorously to dislodge the browned bits on the bottom of the pot, then pour in beef stock.
- Add Worcestershire, paprika, thyme, rosemary and salt and pepper to taste, then add tomato paste and mix in.
- Raise heat to medium-high and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 7-8 minutes. Stir in peas and pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Top with the potato mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the potatoes are browned.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!