Warm Zaalouk With ChickpeasFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1 lb eggplant (preferably the smaller ones), halved lengthwise shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 lb plum tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425F, lightly grease or line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the eggplant halves cut-side down on the sheet.
- Bake until very soft, about 45 minutes.
- Scoop the flesh out into a bowl, sprinkle with lemon juice and reserve.
- In a saucepan, cook tomatoes, garlic, chili powder, cumin and paprika in the broth until the mixture has become a thick sauce, about 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in the mashed eggplant mixture and chickpeas and warm through, then remove from heat and stir in the parsley.