Sweet Potato & Carrot SoupFrom AprilM 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 chopped onion (medium size) shopping list
- 21/2 cups carrots, peelde and chopped shopping list
- 2 apples ( i like organic gala apples) shopping list
- 1/4 cup organge juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3 14-ounce chicken ir vegetable broth shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice or cumin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In large dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 2 minutes or till tender. Stirr is carrots; cook for 3 minutes. peel, core, and chop 1 of the apples. Add the apples, sweet potatoes, bay leaves, and allspice in the carrot mixture. bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for about 23 min or till tender. make sure you put the lid on the pot while cooking.
- 2. Chop the 2 apples. Melt the 1 tablespoon of butter on medium heat. Add the chopped apples and cook for 5 minutes or till softened. Add the orange peel and remove from heat. set aside.
- 3. Take away bay leaves, take one-fourth of the soup to a blender. Blend till smooth transfer to large bowl. Repeat three times with the remaining soup. Return all of soup in dutch oven. Stir in orange juice, simmer for 5 minutes or until as hot as you want it. Serve the soup in bowls then top it off with the apples and orange peels from step 2.
- Enjoy :)
The CookAprilM Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!